Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 3 mission trip

Started the day with devotion at 630 and set off at 7 to have breakfast. Work started around 830.

First time to a prison. I won't deny that I was abit afraid. Cus I don't know what to expect.

Was busy with the pharmacy. When we were about to leave, uncle Henry ask if I would like to look and he brought me to look at the other cells and where the people are cooking.

While doing that, some stayers came to talk to us. One of them said he is a Christian and pray to god everyday for us to come. And life inside was very bad, there was not enough place to sleep, there wasnt enough food. And they had to cook their own food.

Uncle Hendry ask how long he has been here and he said 10 years. And I don't know for what reason. I was tearing when he was talking to us.

He later told me he murdered someone when he was a gangster and regretted it already. He hopes to be released in 2 years time.

One other guy uncle Hendry was talking to said he used to be a teacher. He shot someone and was inside for 3 years. And will be released in 40 days time.

After afternoon session we went to the market to have a look. I asked the 2 interpreters to bring us along and they brought us to eat some nice food. Thank you. They are so sweet.

We then we for dinner.

Great work for today. I felt we could do more for today however due to rules. Better day tml. '




No comments: